Ground Pounders Strategy Game From 'Sword Of The Stars' Developer Linux Version Now Available
A little later than expected, but Ground Pounders the turn-based strategy game now has a Linux version on Steam.
We told you about this before, but sadly the date we gave you was missed, fear not as it came with update #5!
We have been gifted keys as well, so look-out for a future cast from Samsai with a review.
Ground Pounders on Linux!
Fixed tutorial CTD
Fixed end turn CTD
Additions and Changes:
Fixed all units showing up when you load a save game
Update Particle effect for cards
Updates made to AI
Logistics units must be in supply to spawn reinforcements next to them
Fixed air units being able to transport ground units without consuming movement points
Fixed reactionary combat taking place before unit moves, preventing unit from moving
Fixed showing opponent units while they are running their actions
Fixed missing combat backgrounds
Maps adjusted for improved unit visibility
I like how Linux is a "critical fix" that made me chuckle.
Ground Pounders is a hex-based, turn-based strategy wargame. Inspired by classic strategy games like Panzer General, and steeped in the lore of the Sword of the Stars universe, Ground Pounders offers a new generation of gamers an updated taste of turn-based strategic warfare. Best of all, you can play it cross platform between desktop machine and mobile devices.
- Control one of 2 armies – Human and Hivers
- 80+ units covering land, sea, and air
- Battle across alien worlds on exotic battlefields, including airless moons, lava plains, and meteor-blasted wastelands
- Seize orbital superiority and call down bombardment on your foes
- Build airfields, fortify areas, and repair or destroy bridges
- Improve your unit’s experience and abilities over 2 campaigns
- Unlock and collect combat cards, including faction-unique cards!
- Build unique combat card decks and even tune them for specific battles
- Ten scenarios to play in skirmish mode or cross-platform multi-player
- Enjoy a SotSdex filled with Lore details on famous units, personalities, battles and weapon systems
No word yet on when Sword of the Stars: The Pit will come, but from what we know it is still planned.