EditorialHumble PCGamingWiki Enhancement Initiative!
by Cheeseness February 3 at 2:51 amFollowing on from discussion of my recent Humble Bundle article (including here on GOL), PCGamingWiki contributor Soeb and myself have launched a community campaign to research and centralise additional information about Humble Bundle titles.
We're asking gamers on all platforms to assist us in tasks like:
- Creating pages for all Humble Bundle titles
- Listing per-platform release dates
- Listing which titles can be purchased post-bundle, and which platforms they're available for
- Listing official bug trackers and support contacts
- Listing release notes of post-bundle updates where available
- Listing known issues and workarounds
- Listing details on cross-platform compatibility
You can find our more detail in my announcement post, Soeb's project progress page, and in the PCGamingWiki forums.
This is a pretty exciting project with the potential to no only help out gamers who are looking for workarounds, but also to highlight that cross-platform consistency is valuable to gamers, and in some small way bring attention to games with "better" cross-platform support.
The other thing that we'd like to ask is that people tell their friends and help get the word out. Here are some links that might be suitable for sharing:
My long-winded overview
soeb's project progress page
PCGamingWiki forum thread
/r/linux_gaming subreddit (cross post anywhere you think people might be interested)
Share this article: