Numantian Games have announced Lord of Xulima
, a turn-based rpg in the good old 2D isometric style. It will appear on Windows first and after that on Mac & Linux.
From the screenshots it appears the outside world is like 2D isometric like Baldurs Gate while the combat appears to be more even older school with loads of mobs facing your party.
Lords of Xulima is an isometric, turn-based, single-player 2D role-playing game. It is set in a mythical lost continent called Xulima where the world makers lived in ancient times. The game features a challenging vast world where you will have to command and create a six characters party in an epic story between gods and men.
Strategic turn-based combat
- Create your party with up to six characters, choosing between 10 classes and more than 100 unique skills.
- Strategic turn-based combat in first person view.
- A vast continent to explore, with different environments and climates. You are free to go everywhere from the beginning (but be careful where you go because the lands of Xulima are extremely dangerous).
- Castles, towers and temples await for you to discover their secrets.
Inspired by the old-school classics, featuring challenging gameplay, with riddles and lethal encounters.
- Enchanting hand-drawn 2D graphics for landscapes and maps, mixed with 3D pre-rendered animations for creatures and monsters.
- Languages: English, Spanish.
- Fast and dynamic combat system in a turn-based environment.
- Queue of actions: where the positions of the combatants depend on their speed. A very fast combatant can hit you many times before you can react. Different attacks like strong hits with stunning weapons or some spells can modify the speed and the order of the queue.
- Place your characters on the combat grid with two rows and four columns. Characters on the back row can only attack with special weapons but at the same time they are protected by the characters on the front row. You can also change the positions during combat.
- 18 different classes of weapons, each one with its own properties: damaging, stunning, bleeding, wounding, ranged…
- 20 qualities for each class of weapon.
- More than 100 types of enchantments that provide different powers to the weapons (vampirism, poisoning, …).
- Combine the weapons with special combat movements that every class can develop.
It's also listed on steam greenlight
where you will see Linux listed as a platform
This article was submitted by a guest and may not reflect the views of GamingOnLinux.com, we encourage anyone to submit their own articles.