Sanctum 2 Mixes FPS With Tower Defence & It's Being Ported To Linux
I had to keep quiet about this one as well, but it seems the cat is out of the bag now. Sanctum 2 the awesome looking FPS & Tower Defence hybrid will come to Linux.
This is from the same guys that confirmed Goat Simulator to me and it is also being ported by Ryan "Icculus" Gordon.
The funny thing is that this is the same deal as it is with Goat Simulator, Ryan hasn't been answering many emails from the developers, so they have no idea when the port will arrive:
QuoteYes, Ryan Gordon is porting our games to Linux and Mac right now, but he very rarely answers his e-mails so we have no idea when he will be done, or if he will even finish at all, so we can't go out with any information on that as we have no information ourselves.Again, out of respect for the developer I didn't say anything until more information came in, and now that Icculus has stated it publicly on his twitter there is no need to keep it under wraps.
According to the SteamDB entry for it, Sanctum 2 is currently in some form of private beta with a password, so don't download it yet unless you somehow get into the beta.
You can also see confirmation on their official Facebook page:
QuoteTo all Mac and Linux users:
We are currently working on a port of Sanctum 2 to Mac and Linux! We don't have a date for when it's going to be done, but we'll keep you updated!
About Sanctum 2
Sanctum 2 is the sequel to the world’s first Tower Defense/FPS hybrid game. Pick from four unique character classes and embark on a mission to protect the oxygen-producing Cores from hordes of deadly aliens who are threatened by their existence. Outfit your character exactly the way you want through the new and extensive customization system. Choose your own loadout of towers, weapons and perks, but choose wisely because you are humanity’s last defense against the unrelenting hordes set out to destroy it.
Sanctum 2 is a new game completely rebuilt from the ground up using community feedback and innovative design to really push the bar of what an independent studio can do.
- Tower Defense – Design complex mazes and build powerful towers to stop the enemies from destroying the Cores.
- First-Person Shooter – Don’t just sit back and watch, jump into the action yourself!
- Four playable character classes – Each with their own unique strengths, weaknesses and weapons.
- Vast Customization System – Pick perks or make the game crazy hard by adding Feats of Strength.
- In-game Visual Novel – Unlock a comic-book page for every map you beat to discover the secrets of LOEK III.
- Progression System – Increase your rank and unlock new weapons, towers and perks.
4-Player Co-op – Progress through the storyline yourself or team up with other players whenever you want.
I am incredibly excited about this one, are you?