Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Supay Feb 25, 2015
I just saw the new Homeworld Remastered pack appear on Steam and got excited for a moment as in the description it stated "with compatibility for modern operating systems". Unfortunately, I quickly discovered that the "systems" part meant Windows only. I assume they mean it works on Windows 7 and Windows 8, which is even more of a shame as Aspyr did a Mac version of Homeworld 2 in the past. What a great expansion to new markets this release adds....
leillo1975 Feb 27, 2015
:D I'm very very happy if this game is ported. I think the original homeworld is one of the best games that I have played. This Steam Community Thread are very populated with people demanding linux support

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244160/discussions/0/620703493328708948/
TheinsanegamerN May 8, 2015
And it was published by gearbox, who made borderlands, and IIRC, homeworld remastered uses opengl. Dont know why they wouldn't port it to linux, as there are not many good space strategy games.
tuxdelux Jan 5, 2018
Too bad about not seeing Homeworld, yet. I have fond memories of that game. Are there any other games that do support Linux gamers, that have the same Homeworld-feel? I have tried several space games, but none have that "fleets of ships floating in air, attacking in swarms" feel that I got from Homeworld. These days, I would have thought we would have many games with that same style!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.