Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Shadow of Mordor Linux release date?
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
sub Jul 1, 2015
Quoting: wojtek88Any update? I kind of had hope that Shadow of Mordor will be my choice for rainy summer days and Batman will be the game that I will play in fall, but it seems that both plans will fail...

I'd say there is a slight chance they try to get the game into a state where they can label it "supported" for AMD as well. This could involve changes to the SoM code base and waiting for a new Catalyst that might have specific fixes.
wojtek88 Jul 1, 2015
Quoting: subI'd say there is a slight chance they try to get the game into a state where they can label it "supported" for AMD as well. This could involve changes to the SoM code base and waiting for a new Catalyst that might have specific fixes.
Hope You're right, fingers crossed that they will release soon stable version. My euros are waiting for it.
Mountain Man Jul 2, 2015
Feral has it listed as "Very Soon" on their upcoming releases page (the categories are "Quite Soon", "Soon", "Very Soon", and "Out Now!" ), so it would seem the release is imminent, but the lack of an announced release date is a little frustrating.
coryrj19951 Jul 2, 2015
Quoting: Mountain ManFeral has it listed as "Very Soon" on their upcoming releases page (the categories are "Quite Soon", "Soon", "Very Soon", and "Out Now!" ), so it would seem the release is imminent, but the lack of an announced release date is a little frustrating.

It's been in the Very Soon category for a few months or so now :|
melkemind Jul 3, 2015
I meant to share this as soon as I saw it, but I guess it slipped my mind. This is apparently from a Feral representative on Reddit:

QuoteWe'll ship as soon as the game is ready, we don't want to ship a game that isn't great on Linux (and Mac). Unfortunately our quest to make the game as great as possible means we have just missed the end of Spring.
We are working flat out on getting the game out of our offices and into your hands. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on the final polish.
EKRboi Jul 3, 2015
I just caught someone from here playing SOM on steam I came here looking for news of it being released after seeing him/her playing.

Looks like Feral has had "press" and "privatebeta" depots for a few days now and I'm pretty sure this particular "someone" isn't a filthy dual booter like myself so maybe "soon™" really is soon. ;)
Mountain Man Jul 4, 2015
Quoting: coryrj19951
Quoting: Mountain ManFeral has it listed as "Very Soon" on their upcoming releases page (the categories are "Quite Soon", "Soon", "Very Soon", and "Out Now!" ), so it would seem the release is imminent, but the lack of an announced release date is a little frustrating.
It's been in the Very Soon category for a few months or so now :|
Thanks for dashing my hopes. :(
Liam Dawe Jul 5, 2015
We have no idea what's causing the hold up, but we know it will be worth the wait that's for sure.

Keep strong, keep believing!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.