Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Looking for testers for a game in development
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Lautaro May 21, 2015
Hi

I'm Jorge and I'm the developer of Nomad Fleet, an indie space RTS that has already been greenlit in Steam. The game is in alpha stage and it should be released in the next 2/3 months but I need to be certain that the game works in Linux systems so I came here looking for people that want to test an old prototype.

The prototype can be downloaded here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/nomad-fleet/downloads/nomad-fleet-playable-prototype-linux-version

Just in case, this prototype is very early (I added a lot of content and fixed most of the problems) but so far I barely had only one person giving me feedback about it and he got problems apparently with the shaders of the game so I need to be certain that this is a problem only with his system because changing the shaders is too much and it could lead me to drop the Linux support (something that I really don't want to do). The things that I need to confirm is that the game starts, works (duh) and saves and loads games without problems.

The game is made with Unity btw.

Thanks for reading.
flesk May 21, 2015
Seems to work fine for me, but I can't get past the part of the tutorial where you're supposed to focus the camera on a single unit. Holding Alt brings up the camera cursor, but neither clicking the unit while holding Alt nor dragging a square to select the unit make the tutorial proceed.
Lautaro May 21, 2015
Quoting: fleskSeems to work fine for me, but I can't get past the part of the tutorial where you're supposed to focus the camera on a single unit. Holding Alt brings up the camera cursor, but neither clicking the unit while holding Alt nor dragging a square to select the unit make the tutorial proceed.

Thanks for testing it. That's weird... for the moment you can try pressing F while the ship is selected, that will focus on the ship and advance the tutorial.

Please if you have time can you try the Alt + click in game? I need to know if it was a one time thing or not.
dubigrasu May 22, 2015
Mostly working except the same focus issue described above and saving.
I can't seem to figure it out (how to save), min 5.25:

View video on youtube.com
Lautaro May 22, 2015
Quoting: dubigrasuMostly working except the same focus issue described above and saving.
I can't seem to figure it out (how to save), min 5.25:

Thanks a lot, that was very informative.

For saving you need to write a file name in the text box above the buttons, I'm guilty of making assumptions about what is obvious and what is not so sorry about that. I think I can improve the tutorial a bit too.

So far the Linux version seems to work without issues, instead I'm having trouble with the Mac version, that's something I didn't expect.
dubigrasu May 22, 2015
Quoting: LautaroFor saving you need to write a file name in the text box above the buttons, I'm guilty of making assumptions about what is obvious and what is not so sorry about that. I think I can improve the tutorial a bit too.
Yeah, I think I tried to type something in there but nothing showed up.
Gonna try again to be sure.
dubigrasu May 22, 2015
Nevermind, saving and loading does works OK as you said.
I simply didn't noticed that thin text box and tried on the space above it instead.

Maybe highlight it with a different color or something?
Lautaro May 22, 2015
Quoting: dubigrasuNevermind, saving and loading does works OK as you said.
I simply didn't noticed that thin text box and tried on the space above it instead.

Maybe highlight it with a different color or something?

Sure, I'm going to make it more clear and add a default filename.
Lautaro May 22, 2015
Quoting: GuestThe game launches and displays fine (as far as I can see) on Arch Linux 64 bit with a Core i5 and GTX 660.

Problems:
- no way to rebind the keys (wasd on a bépo keymap is not gonna work)
- middle-click to pan doesn’t work correctly
- tutorial says to double-right-click the blue target, but what appears to be the target is white.
- tutorial doesn’t detect if you press "m" without the interceptor selected, and just assumes it was selected.

I stopped a bit after that because the tutorial was too long.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll see what I can do.
pete910 May 23, 2015
Was going to test on mine but the download site says " The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later " :(

Have you removed/changed it ?
dubigrasu May 23, 2015
Quoting: pete910Was going to test on mine but the download site says " The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later " :(

Have you removed/changed it ?
Is still there though.
Maybe you're not registered (or logged) on IndieDB?

Try this: http://www.indiedb.com/downloads/mirror/81977/113/6f26f6f7274e8410ceda504d3938144d
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.