Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
World of Warcraft in Unreal Engine 4 - Elwynn Forest
wolfyrion Jul 27, 2015
If they do this and bring the game in Linux I will for sure re-sub and start playing again :D

(However the whole scenery with the music it brings back some old good memories :( )

View video on youtube.com

View video on youtube.com
rea987 Jul 28, 2015
Well, I am really not sure about Unreal Engine 4's current capabilities of rendering giant sandbox areas. Yeah, it is a really nice engine to render open areas comparing to other engines but sandbox area rendering is a big challange and even the World of Warcraft's engine is a disaster when it comes to drawing distance.
lvlark Jul 29, 2015
There's probably a snowball's chance in hell that they'll do this. It won't perform on the broad range of machines they strive to bring it to. It will be far too much work to port everything over to a different engine. They will probably be too afraid to make such a drastic change to how the world looks and feels (remember the backlash when they removed the hunch from orcs?)
The rational part of my brain has given up on ever playing WoW natively, and I don't plan on using Wine for it either (although it works well with it).

That said, this looks gorgeous, and while I was never really into Elwynn, this did bring up some feels.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.