Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Witcher 3 coming to Linux :o ?
Page: «3/11»
  Go to:
slaapliedje Nov 17, 2015
Yeah, it's pretty bad when most of the Steam Machine advertisements show Witcher 3. Not that I've been able to spend enough time to beat Witcher 1..
Shmerl Nov 27, 2015
In the recent Twitch Q&A, developers ignored questions about Linux from multiple people:

Liam Dawe Nov 27, 2015
I straight up don't get why they can't just confirm or deny it outright.
Shmerl Nov 27, 2015
I think one potential reason - they are now paranoid after they almost got hit with a massive fine. See https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/39lxus/cd_projekt_may_need_to_pay_a_fine_after/

Poland has some strict stock market laws, and if some information disclosure can affect the stock price, it can be viewed as market manipulation or something of that sort.

Another thing that they got burned on was their "downgrade" fiasco. I.e. they published a lot of information way before TW3 was released for Windows, and later faced an outrage when the final version ended up quite different and worse looking.

I suspect because of combination of such set backs, they are now very paranoid and not going to publish any information whatsoever until something is released. We'll have to wait and see. If they'll remain silent about Cyberpunk 2077, it would mean it's not an issue with TW3 and Linux, but their general stonewalling approach and distancing from the community.
Mountain Man Dec 3, 2015
I suppose the fact that they haven't straight-up denied the Linux rumors is a good thing.
wolfyrion Dec 3, 2015
It kinda reminded me this... :D
Shmerl Dec 3, 2015
Haha. Indeed. They are very evasive about anything they are doing.

Quoting: Mountain ManI suppose the fact that they haven't straight-up denied the Linux rumors is a good thing.

Yes, I see it as a good sign too. It's not really a rumor - they confirmed the development, they just refuse to reveal any details and dates.
Aryvandaar Dec 5, 2015
I sent an e-mail to CD Project Red a few months ago and asked them point blank if they were planning to make a Linux version for The Witcher 3. He said yes.
tuubi Dec 5, 2015
Quoting: AryvandaarI sent an e-mail to CD Project Red a few months ago and asked them point blank if they were planning to make a Linux version for The Witcher 3. He said yes.
Would you be able to find the original mail to provide a quote? Just curious.
Shmerl Dec 6, 2015
Quoting: AryvandaarI sent an e-mail to CD Project Red a few months ago and asked them point blank if they were planning to make a Linux version for The Witcher 3. He said yes.

Yes, they reply the same thing, but they say they can't give any details.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.