Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Obsidian about PoE: "it wasn't worthwhile developing for Linux"
Avehicle7887 Aug 30, 2015
I hope Obsidian resolves these issues with Linux and release their future game(s) for us too. Maybe the new experimental Linux Unity Editor will improve things for them?

This was also their first time they released something for Linux if not mistaken and as the article mentions "Outside of actually learning to develop for Mac and Linux, something that Obsidian had to learn as they went along...".

I think what hurts them the most is the low percentage of Linux sales (I wonder how they calculated this). If they give up on this though, some users may want to go back to Windows to play a game by them and that doesn't help Linux grow.
Mountain Man Aug 31, 2015
That's a good point. How many dual booters would have bought the game anyway if it wasn't available for Linux?
slaapliedje Sep 1, 2015
It may have helped to advertise Linux support more... I found the game for 30 at wal-mart. Zero mention of Linux support on the box. No SteamOS or anything, though it does say it requires steam.

Unless you pay attention to select websites or use Steam in Linux you'd never know the game was even supported under it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.