Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Head Tracking!
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
pete910 Feb 5, 2016
Tried that too, only work with the freetrack plug-in used via wine with wine install of euro truck. So never bothered.

It works well if am honest but with no protocols to use with it, it's next to useless unfortunately. Dev does state its a base app for integrating into your own.
Xpander Feb 5, 2016
i'll keep my eye on this thread.. been looking for some tracking devices for ATS lately..sad to hear that they dont work with the linux build of the game :( ...

and im not going to run the game through wine, even if it performs fine
Xpander Feb 6, 2016
I Managed to get the Head Tracking working in American Truck Simulator [Native version]

1) Install OpenTrack (opentrack)
2) Install HeadTracker for your Android

[

3) Change the port to 4242 in the App
4) Open up Opentrack: set tracker to UDP and protocol to libevdev

[

5) Check your jstest-gtk if you see your device (intall jstest-gtk if needed)
6) Go to American Truck Sim and it should show under Controllers as headpose, configure your X and Y axis!

Quick Video:
View video on youtube.com
Julius Feb 7, 2016
Hmm, they way it moves back an forth really makes it seem less like head tracking but more like 'camera control that happens to be done through an input device mounted on your head'. Cool that you got it to work like that never the less.
Xpander Feb 7, 2016
Quoting: JuliusHmm, they way it moves back an forth really makes it seem less like head tracking but more like 'camera control that happens to be done through an input device mounted on your head'. Cool that you got it to work like that never the less.

that was just a quick test, you have to finetune the movements ofc.

i also found this: https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking
pete910 Feb 8, 2016
Did that with euro truck with both my phone and the trackhat, it uses the joystick emu so not really the same as you have to then look the opposite way to pan the cam back. It should work the same as looking with your mouse.
Xpander Feb 8, 2016
made a video of it.. instead of UDP i use FreePIE UDP

View video on youtube.com
Homepcgamer Feb 8, 2016
Quoting: JuliusThere is also "Linuxtrack", have never tried it, but it seems to work with those truck simulators under Linux:
https://youtu.be/oquBKX-YIv8
Humm I didnt know it exist "linuxtrack"

definitely I need to try it as I have track ir 4...

I'll post here when I do the test...
pete910 Feb 9, 2016
Quick question, anyone done any .deb packaging, The dev of opentrack seems to have come around a bit :D

He's wanting either .deb or rpm so he can test it. Know idea about debs.

Think he would be better off targeting ubuntu as steam is targeted at it!

http://trackhat-forum.1125090.n5.nabble.com/Linux-support-tp210p280.html
Xpander Feb 9, 2016
Quoting: pete910Quick question, anyone done any .deb packaging, The dev of opentrack seems to have come around a bit :D

He's wanting either .deb or rpm so he can test it. Know idea about debs.

Think he would be better off targeting ubuntu as steam is targeted at it!

http://trackhat-forum.1125090.n5.nabble.com/Linux-support-tp210p280.html

dependecies seems to be:
depends=('opencv' 'qt5-serialport')
makedepends=('cmake')

it shouldnt be hard to build?
i havent used ubuntu, nor rpm distros much so i dont really know how its there
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.