Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
So Hows Windows 10?
RTheren Jan 28, 2016
:DDD

Laughted my soul out :D

Poor guy
serjor Jan 28, 2016
Well, I have a W10 partition on my system. I upgraded it from W8 (I had a college license about to expire).
I upgraded from a W8 fresh install, and I can't shutdown the computer, it simply doesn't work. In order to don't lose data I have to close my user session and restart the system, and when BIOS screen appears I have to push the power button until it halts.

And also, updates doesn't work either. I have an update that tries to be installed whenever I boot using w10 (which I tend to be never), and after some minutes it yields that it was impossible to fulfill the update, it rollbacks everything and boots "normally".

Besides of this I really think W10 is a very good OS. Every time I must use it, I realize how much I like linux, and I appreciate it's strengths even more.
Avehicle7887 Jan 28, 2016
Windows 10 is a disaster, I bought a laptop with it 2 weeks ago and the first time I turned it on I got this message: "setup may take up to 30mins" or something like that, after filling a few FAKE details I got > "taking care of a few things" and took forever. Then after 20mins or so filling unwanted crap I load to the desktop.

That's as far as I went though, I didn't bother to explore the OS as I already felt a sense of repulsion knowing all the internet shit and how Microsoft is trying to improve "my experience". Next thing I did was wipe the OS (and the recovery partition) and happily installed Linux.

Every time people ask me to upgrade their Win7 system to Win10 my expression is like "facepalm".
Cimeryd Jan 29, 2016
Hehe, my wife is the exact same way. Whenever she opens her laptop it's to do something, and knowing she has to reboot, she keeps putting these things off.

Meanwhile, I opened a terminal, "sudo dnf upgrade", and it finished updating by the time this guy was done screaming. Loving my OS.
sr_ls_boy Feb 3, 2016
I'm sure Win 10 is a fine OS. I just simply cannot agree to their
privacy policy. I also think Windows is too overpriced.
JudasIscariot Feb 4, 2016
The only reason I have Windows 10 at work is because I used the free upgrade to it to fix a problem with Windows 7 :P
Mukti Feb 5, 2016
W10 problems:
1) MS "Zero Privacy" policy
1.1) Keylogger
1.2) audio-logger
2) Advertisements
3) password sharing
4) W10 installation & update files (automatic) uploading
fredrikfritte Feb 9, 2016
I love it :)
Bought a new laptop and it came preinstalled, unforunately there was some conflict between AMD drivers and Windows pulling in drivers for the AMD card.
Kept geting black screen and popup about amd had recovered bla bla bla.

So i grabbed a fresh official iso and made a clean install, never been happier :)
But needed some tinkering
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.