Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Hand of Fate graphics issues
ricki42 Feb 8, 2016
I'm having problems with Hand of Fate on steam. It ran fine a week or two ago, then this morning it suddenly looked like this:
View video on youtube.com
I'm on Ubuntu-MATE, using GTX 980ti with proprietary driver 361.18 from the Ubuntu ppa. I tried 358 and 352, same thing. I reinstalled the game, and even reinstalled the OS, no change. The strange thing is that the GOG version (2.7.0.9) works fine. I tried some other Steam games, and Saints Row IV, Borderlands TPS, Broforce, Victor Vran, and Alien Isolation run fine.
Has anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas what could cause this?
Xpander Feb 8, 2016
probably game updated on steam and hasn't on GoG yet - let the devs know in steam community hub or their own forums(if they have one)
ricki42 Feb 8, 2016
Quoting: Xpanderprobably game updated on steam and hasn't on GoG yet - let the devs know in steam community hub or their own forums(if they have one)

I just wanted to make sure first it's nothing on my end. But it looks like you're right, there are others having similar problems on the steam community.
wolfyrion Feb 8, 2016
the good news is that they have found a temporary solution for Linux users, just add this below on launch options

-force-opengl

works like a charm...
HadBabits Feb 9, 2016
Woah, had the same problem and solution in Darkwood. That has to be a Unity problem :/
ricki42 Feb 9, 2016
-force-opengl works for me too. Hope that gets fixed in Unity soon.
Rhythagoras Feb 10, 2016
I was completely addicted to this game for a bit. I had just grabbed the expansion DLC a few days before the last patch, and then severely disappointed when I booted up the game to see those graphic glitches. -force-opengl works for me as well, so I'm thrilled. Running Arch, by the way.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.