Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
[DONE] Search in Release Calendar
ripper Sep 22, 2016
I'd like to be able to search in the release calendar:
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=calendar

Currently it's difficult to find out whether a particular game is present in the release calendar (and when it's its due date).

Thanks for consideration.
ripper Sep 22, 2016
Also, I tried to submit a new game to the calendar ("Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon"), and I was told:

QuoteSystem Message
That game already exists!

However, I wasn't able to find the game manually. It would be nice if the system message at least specifed in which month+year I can find that game.

PS: How can people move (or suggest to move) the release date for games already present in the calendar?
MaCroX95 Sep 22, 2016
Quoting: ripperI'd like to be able to search in the release calendar:
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=calendar

Currently it's difficult to find out whether a particular game is present in the release calendar (and when it's its due date).

Thanks for consideration.

Actually a great idea! :D +1 for search function in Release Calendar
m2mg2 Sep 22, 2016
The problem right now is that a bunch of the listings are not games, the are video content. Series and movies, which in my opinion should not be on the game release calendar.
MaCroX95 Sep 22, 2016
Quoting: m2mg2The problem right now is that a bunch of the listings are not games, the are video content. Series and movies, which in my opinion should not be on the game release calendar.

I agree :) perhaps we should have release calendar and then different filters that we can apply like DLC or movies or games (with checkboxes) and also the search function
Liam Dawe Sep 23, 2016
I have just now added both a search function, and if you add a game that exists the error box will show you a link to it :)

I need to adjust our importers to not grab soundtracks and stuff, working on it.
Aimela Sep 24, 2016
Quoting: m2mg2The problem right now is that a bunch of the listings are not games, the are video content. Series and movies, which in my opinion should not be on the game release calendar.
Yeah, I really don't want to be seeing that in the release calendar, it just adds clutter with with unrelated entries.
Liam Dawe Sep 24, 2016
Quoting: Aimela
Yeah, I really don't want to be seeing that in the release calendar, it just adds clutter with with unrelated entries.
Completely agree, I didn't have the Steam recently released importer setup correctly to only list games and DLC.

I will have to purge them as I find them or if you guys notice any in particular in here I can get to them.

I have subscribed to this topic to get emails from you so I can get to it.
ripper Sep 26, 2016
@liamdave: This game release date is wrong (should be mid December 2016):
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=game&game-id=2846
Could you add a button to send a suggestion to shift the date (or maybe let anyone edit it right away)?

Thanks.
Liam Dawe Sep 28, 2016
Quoting: ripper@liamdave: This game release date is wrong (should be mid December 2016):
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=game&game-id=2846
Could you add a button to send a suggestion to shift the date (or maybe let anyone edit it right away)?

Thanks.
The game is currently in Early Access, so we list that release date (for Linux) until the full release where it is adjusted.

As for editing, I want it to be a curated list of information that's as correct as possible, so I won't allow users to instantly edit. I will be adding in a way for users to submit an update for approval, but like everything it's a process that takes time to implement.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.