Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Where are all the Linux games at Amazon
Speedster Sep 22, 2013
So a family member was given an Amazon gift card, and I was going to suggest ways to spend it from the Indie shop

http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=6923534011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=auto-sparkle&pf_rd_r=0GT757D6G0MC1N9FG990&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1604928662&pf_rd_i=indie%20games

but now I can't find any Linux games there
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?rh=n%3A979455011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A6923534011%2Ck%3Alinux&keywords=linux

no Linux support even on ones that I know should have a Linux download, like psychonauts.

What gives, did Amazon decide it was too much trouble to put up an extra platform icon and download link???
Hamish Sep 22, 2013
Some of them are Steam games, yes? So if you put the key into Steam it should unlock for all platforms.

At least that is my understanding.
Mike Frett Sep 23, 2013
That's my understanding also, but yet nobody has confirmed that it works. And that put me off getting anything from Amazon. I even emailed them about adding Linux to the games that support Linux but they gave me the run around.
Speedster Sep 23, 2013
I didn't even see promises of Steam codes, just a bunch of windows download links (and some Mac downloads). Oh well, I guess this Amazon gift certificate will be spent on books as usual.
flesk Sep 17, 2014
Quoting: HamishSome of them are Steam games, yes? So if you put the key into Steam it should unlock for all platforms.

At least that is my understanding.

Yeah, I've bought a couple of Linux games for Steam that way and can confirm that it works. The easiest way to find the Linux games is probably to filter by Steam and Mac and cross-check with Steam to see which games has a Linux version. There are some games that are available for Linux and not Mac, but I don't think many of them, if any, are on Amazon.

Here's a list of Mac games for Steam on Amazon.com.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.