Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Any working racing games?
gemini Apr 21, 2014
I wasn´t sure if I should have put it here or in the native section, but anyway..
I recently bought a Logitech G27 wheel after wanting to have a wheel for many years. The problem is that I don´t know any games that it will work with in Linux, so right now I got Windows 7 on one of my PCs just to race with. I´ve tried some games through Wine, (Grid 1 & 2, Dirt 3 and some other) but I didn´t get any of those working. The only game that works is ETS 2, which is natively. Unfortunately the Linux version does not support force feedback, which kinda ruins the experience. So my question is: is there any racing games that will work with my G27? Or do I need to wait for Project CARS?
Speedster Apr 22, 2014
This video says Iracing native Linux with Logitech G25, so G27 would probably work too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIqa57nbz1Y
gemini Apr 22, 2014
Yeah I´ve heard about iRacing. It´s not native though, but wine-wrapped. The "problem" is that it has a monthly fee, which I´m quite against. But maybe it´s worth it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.