Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Fun Pimps fail on their promises... again
scaine Jul 24, 2014
From: http://7daystodie.com/8-8-hotfix-pimp-news-and-alpha-9/

QuoteMac and Linux Versions
In a final note regarding the Linux and Mac versions. The truth is we need more time to improve the Mac version and to get the Linux version fully working. For now we have looked into alternatives for those of you running either of these systems and have come up with a couple ways in which you can still enjoy the game by running Windows on your machine Bootcamp for Mac and Wine for Linux. Here’s how you do it.
<snip>

I'm absolutely sick of these guys. Broken promise after broken promise. I'm walking away from this one now. Even if by some miracle they drop a native version, you just know they don't have the necessary competence to make it an enjoyable experience. Why put yourself through that?

I regret backing them but I regret even more all the negative publicity and undermining of confidence their string of failures brings to Kickstarter projects in the future.
Samsai Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, it's pretty obvious by now that "Fun" Pimps were never going to port the game and they probably won't ever port it. All they really would need to do is drag and drop a DLL or two, but their developer (who is probably still working on his "spare time" ) is not competent enough to handle that.
wolfyrion Jul 25, 2014
lets hope we can play this game on a Linux machine before a real apocalypse happens .... :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.