Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
GOL Livestreaming?
Zelox Aug 25, 2014
Hi everyone.

I love watching some gamers play live.
Like frankie, swifty and insidegaming.

I would also like to watch some GOL livestreams :).
I think I saw one by accident when GOLs birthday was.
And I enjoyed it.

But I find it very hard to see when GOL goes live.
Is there a way I can easily follow this?

My suggestion is ofc that GOL could announce somwhere on there webpage when they go live.
Ofc I can check facebook, but the status updates arent really showing all the messeges on facebook we all know it.

And I dont use twitter at all.
Dont hate me, this is just a suggestion, or maybe u can direct me to the right place :).

Thanks!
Samsai Aug 26, 2014
Every time we do a livestream we are going to post an article about it with embedded players and links to the livestreaming service we happen to use at the time. That article naturally ends up on Twitter/G+/RSS/Facebook as well, so it shouldn't be too hard to miss out on them.

Sadly we don't have livestreams too often. They tend to take around 1-2 hours and it's hard enough for me to manage my GOL Cast deadlines already. That's why we've really only had two live events, one of them was that birthday livestream you stumbled upon and the another one was done quite a while ago.
Zelox Aug 26, 2014
I see, well that explains why I never seem manage to get see GOL livestream.
They only suggestion I wanted really was that you folks post an article or something that shows when GOL goes live. And Im happy to hear that u are already doing this :).

I hope u can manage to go live a bit more in the future.

If there is anything I or we can do to help you folks on GOL to feel less "pressed" about dead lines Im
happy to help.

I'm not a very talkative person, so livestreaming and videos isnt really my thing.
And you guys are doing a great job with it, I just wish u hade the time to do it more often.

And posting articles is a bit scary haha, well my english isnt really suited for it eather.
But if u want help with editing or anything els really Im happy to help. And I think the community on GOL in general want to help.

keep up the good work!
Liam Dawe Aug 27, 2014
Part of the problem we find is that the current software for livestreaming on Linux will quite often desync the gameplay sound, and it can really ruin your motivation for doing Streams.

That said we will try to do some more anyway!
Zelox Aug 27, 2014
Ouch that a problem I guess.
Well I hope u can get things sorted out.

Thanks for the answers folks.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.