Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Save Game Locations
Dorthu Oct 2, 2014
Just migrated my system to a new disk and it took a while to find the location of my save games - figured I'd post them somewhere in hopes of helping somebody in the future.

~/.config/unity3d - locations of basically all save games from the Unity Engine (Wasteland 2, Gone Home, Among the Sleep, Rust, Kerbal Space Program, probably a several others)

~/.config - has odds and ends for other games (FEZ, Wasteland2, some Mono settings, etc)

~/.local/share - locations of most saves for games without a big-name engine behind them (CaveStory+, FEZ, TowerFall, Rogue Legacy, Gunpoint, Dungeons of Dredmor, probably others). I also see some files for UDK games in here (Sanctum2, Antichamber)

~/.local/share/Steam - a lot of things, most of which are automatically generated, but I believe /userdata/<userID>/<appID> has save data for some games, and /SteamApps/common/<Game> has save data for Valve games

~/.minecraft/saves - Minecraft worlds

If you know of any default save locations I missed here, post'em - it's frustrating to only find locations for Windows when googling this stuff.
spikerbond Oct 3, 2014
Any idea on where borderlands 2 saves are?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.