Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Equiavlent to Fraps?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
StianTheDark Dec 20, 2014
Quoting: PublicNuisancehttps://code.google.com/p/frapix/

Seems interesting but how do I download it ? I see no links on the site.[/quote]
I heard about some new stuff called "search engines" yesterday, and they sound really cool! Maybe they can help you? ;)
PublicNuisance Dec 20, 2014
Quoting: StianTheDark

Seems interesting but how do I download it ? I see no links on the site.

I heard about some new stuff called "search engines" yesterday, and they sound really cool! Maybe they can help you? ;)[/quote]
I did search for it. DuckDuckGo had zero links to Frapix, only to Fraps. I just tried searching on Google instead of DuckDuckGo and after 4 links that had no download links to Frapix there finally was one. Assuming I didn't search first only makes you look rude.
StianTheDark Dec 20, 2014
Quoting: PublicNuisanceI did search for it. DuckDuckGo had zero links to Frapix, only to Fraps. I just tried searching on Google instead of DuckDuckGo and after 4 links that had no download links to Frapix there finally was one. Assuming I didn't search first only makes you look rude.

Use this then: http://code.fluffytapeworm.com/projects/libglfps (because there's no such thing as Synaptic)
Shmerl Jan 12, 2015
Quoting: PublicNuisanceI'm looking for a Linux alternative for FRAPS simply for seeing a games FPS. Any suggestions ? Not trying to hijack the thread.

Try voglperf.
eigensinnig Jan 30, 2015
Quoting: PublicNuisance
Quoting: StianTheDark

Seems interesting but how do I download it ? I see no links on the site.

I heard about some new stuff called "search engines" yesterday, and they sound really cool! Maybe they can help you? ;)

I did search for it. DuckDuckGo had zero links to Frapix, only to Fraps. I just tried searching on Google instead of DuckDuckGo and after 4 links that had no download links to Frapix there finally was one. Assuming I didn't search first only makes you look rude.
Frapix is only availabe in source code (there is a tab in the web page that states «source»). You'd need a svn client to get the source code (in ubuntu install subversion) and then compile it yourself. This might be somewhat advanced computer stuff, so if the other alternatives work for you, then you'd better try with the others.
Xpander Jan 31, 2015
Quoting: PublicNuisanceI'm looking for a Linux alternative for FRAPS simply for seeing a games FPS. Any suggestions ? Not trying to hijack the thread.

theres glxosd and voglperf

for steam games theres fps counter in the steam settings, which you can enable.
you can also add a non-steam game into steam and use it. this is probably the simplest solution.
eigensinnig Jan 31, 2015
I just saw that mumble overlay also can show your frames per second, so that might be the easiest solution af all. Just load mumble and enable overlay in the configure options.
Speedster Feb 1, 2015
Quoting: eigensinnigI just saw that mumble overlay also can also show your frames per second, so that might be the easiest solution af all. Just load mumble and enable overlay in the configure options.

Good tip!
Xpander Feb 1, 2015
Quoting: eigensinnigI just saw that mumble overlay also can show your frames per second, so that might be the easiest solution af all. Just load mumble and enable overlay in the configure options.

yeah but you need both 32 and 64bit overlays then, cause 64bit one doesnt work on 32bit games and vice versa.
PublicNuisance Feb 2, 2015
Quoting: Xpander

theres glxosd and voglperf

for steam games theres fps counter in the steam settings, which you can enable.
you can also add a non-steam game into steam and use it. this is probably the simplest solution.

The Steam idea may be the easiest to implement. I have never compiled a program on Linux so anything that requires that isn't high on my list. It sucks because I would prefer not to use Steam but it doesn't really violate my DRM values ebcause I'm not buying the games from Steam.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.