Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
What games keep you dualbooting?
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
FinCoder Dec 19, 2014
I would like to know :D
Rutine Dec 19, 2014
Warlock, Master of the Arcane... at least, till Warlock 2 is bug free on Linux.
It's awfully slow on Linux right now compared to Windows.
Xpander Dec 19, 2014
non

if a game doesnt work in wine then i wont just play it..

there are too many native games out there that im not able to play them all anyway
redneckdrow Dec 19, 2014
Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Morrowind; because mods don't always play well with wine.

IE: MWSE mods and such.
oldrocker99 Dec 19, 2014
I used to dual boot, until Linux versions of CIV V and X-COM, the two games I played most on Windows (also Magicka, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Fallout 3, etc., etc, but I'm doing just fine without them) came out. I then deleted my Windows partition (bye bye). It'd be lovely to have a few of those games show up in my library, but, again, I can do just fine without them. At least I can play Oblivion and Skyrim via wine.
StianTheDark Dec 20, 2014
I stopped dual-booting when Civ 5 came :D
GoCorinthians Dec 21, 2014
Almost 300 games. LMAO! I bought that shit and WILL play any one of it!
Rutine Dec 21, 2014
Quoting: redneckdrowFallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Morrowind; because mods don't always play well with wine.

IE: MWSE mods and such.

I'm looking forward to a final version of OpenMW so I can play Morrowind again on Linux, and it seems that it will have a good mod support.
Rutine Dec 21, 2014
Quoting: oldrocker99I used to dual boot, until Linux versions of CIV V and X-COM, the two games I played most on Windows (also Magicka, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Fallout 3, etc., etc, but I'm doing just fine without them) came out. I then deleted my Windows partition (bye bye). It'd be lovely to have a few of those games show up in my library, but, again, I can do just fine without them. At least I can play Oblivion and Skyrim via wine.

I would very much like to see Magicka on Linux... do Oblivion and Skyrim run well via Wine ? I played Oblivion in windows back then, haven't tried Skyrim yet.
HipsterRich Jan 3, 2015
I usually only play Mount & Blade series and mods like mad and have been doing it for a long time now, besides that wasn't really picky on gaming but MnB mods aren't that well compatible in Linux so I had to wine them. So it is only ocasionally when I have to switch to windows which is often to be a triple A game now and then to play singleplayer on.

When Bannerlord, War of Rights, Iron Europe 2.0, N&S new update, L'aigle, and cRPG standalone are completly finished I would be dual booting a lot along with GTA V :3 (which hoping... with the jan thing going on to perhaps be that game)
Feist Jan 6, 2015
Depressingly, it's almost too many to keep track of.

If we're just talking unreleased games that I definitly will buy/play :

GTA V (or Max Payne 4/Red Dead if any of those games showed up on windows)
Batman: Arkham Knight
Just Cause 3
The Witcher 3
Any upcoming Fallout and/or Elder Scrolls games.
Any new Risen and/or Gothic titles
Any new Bioshock title
Any new Deus Ex title
Dying Light
Dishonored 2
Consortium II
Rise of The Tomb Raider (assuming there is a windows release)

...and propably a large number of other titles.

If we're talking games I already own but will certainly play (at least in part) again:
Fallout 3/NV
Skyrim
Bound by Flame (bought but not played yet)
Frozen State, I shall Remain, Underrail, Kenshi (bought early-access titles)
...and certainly other titles as well that I may not feel for at the moment.

Looks like I'm stuck with windows for quite a while longer....
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.