Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
What games keep you dualbooting?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
StianTheDark Jan 6, 2015
Quoting: FeistDepressingly, it's almost too many to keep track of.

If we're just talking unreleased games that I definitly will buy/play :

GTA V (or Max Payne 4/Red Dead if any of those games showed up on windows)
Batman: Arkham Knight
Just Cause 3
The Witcher 3
Any upcoming Fallout and/or Elder Scrolls games.
Any new Risen and/or Gothic titles
Any new Bioshock title
Any new Deus Ex title
Dying Light
Dishonored 2
Consortium II
Rise of The Tomb Raider (assuming there is a windows release)

...and propably a large number of other titles.

If we're talking games I already own but will certainly play (at least in part) again:
Fallout 3/NV
Skyrim
Bound by Flame (bought but not played yet)
Frozen State, I shall Remain, Underrail, Kenshi (bought early-access titles)
...and certainly other titles as well that I may not feel for at the moment.

Looks like I'm stuck with windows for quite a while longer....

Alright boy, you might as well just get rid of half the list. Any games older than 2012 work PERFECTLY in Wine. Skyrim, Fallout.. Any Unity games too. The Witcher 3 will get a Linux release, Dishonored 2 will never happen (stop making up games), Dying Light will eventually have a Linux release.

Just dont make up excuses, thats the worst ;)
Supay Jan 6, 2015
I obliterated my Windows 7 partition over a year ago and went for Arch on a full btrfs disk with no partitions, just a bunch of subvolumes.

I have around 450 games with well over half of those available on Linux. I've been happily working my way through that catalogue as a number of older games I've not yet played have been ported since. I'll just continue to play with what I have and see what else gets ported. I have a strict policy of not buying games that don't support Linux now too.

Even before I wiped Windows out, I was mostly using WINE instead of dualboot anyway and I found it worked very well with most titles running perfectly even without tweaked. The one thing I have noticed though is that I regularly saw the Steam survey under Windows and WINE but in over a year of heavy play on pure Linux it has never shown up.
throgh Jan 22, 2015
No game at all: Going back for two years I deleted my "Windows 7" and gave away all disks regarding this system. Only two games are missed for the moment: Ultima 9 and SpellForce. Both could be used with WINE but got some problems. So I hope these are fixed one day. All other games are full functional either native or through emulating. :)
Orkultus Jan 23, 2015
If they dont run natively on Linux, i have no reason to play them. My hate for Microsoft is stronger than the urge to play a few games on my list that require windblowz to play.
throgh Jan 23, 2015
@Orkultus: Just about interest, so no offense from my side - why do you hate Microsoft at all? I mean they've done many things wrong and they do everything to keep Linux meaningless. But hey: That is nothing new at all. They even have a nice mask for this. :)

LinuxGamesTV Jan 23, 2015
I use Win Seven only for the Red Orchestra Ostfront SDK and for Win 7 Support.

I have 94 native Linux Games and ca 50 Games via Wine. I can't play all at the moment.
The rest are not Installed or testet in Win 7 for Benchmarking.
Slackdog Jan 23, 2015
Non - had a couple running under WINE just to prove to doubters it could be done. There's plenty on Linux to keep me busy! :)
Liam Dawe Feb 6, 2015
While I don't dual boot, I still consider doing it from time to time for some franchises I'm a fan of that I really don't want to miss out on, but I just don't any more.
Keizgon Feb 6, 2015
I use to for League of Legends. Spent a lot on that game now that I look back on it. Just can't do it any more with a straight face. The Windows 7 installation not having basic ethernet drivers out of the box for a modern (at the time) laptop broke the straw on the camel's back.
potatopete Feb 10, 2015
Although I obliterated my Windows partition completely a couple of years ago, for me, it used to be the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
I've got them all working very nicely under Wine now, though some of the mods occasionally run into issues.

Happily the Lost Alpha mod, which I was very concerned about missing out on, works great under Wine too, and I've never once had a crash with it unlike the Windows users I've seen who are quite scathing of its stability.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.