Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Evolve on Linux?
LK901 Dec 27, 2014
Not sure if this is the right forum for this type of stuff, but anyways. Is there anything related to Evolve coming to linux? It looks to me like it would be as good, or even better than L4D2. One of the games that had be thinking of buying a PS4....
wolfyrion Dec 28, 2014
I can say that the chances are high because Evolve is build using CryEngine and the latest versions of CryEngine supports Linux.

The game will be released in 1 month so dont expect Linux support at release date.
There are many bugs that have to be ironed down before release and developers have a lot of things to care about.
Releasing a version for Mac and Linux it will lead them to more troubles so I assume they will release a version for Windows iron out the bugs and then may consider other builds.
LK901 Dec 28, 2014
Quoting: wolfyrionI can say that the chances are high because Evolve is build using CryEngine and the latest versions of CryEngine supports Linux.

The game will be released in 1 month so dont expect Linux support at release date.
There are many bugs that have to be ironed down before release and developers have a lot of things to care about.
Releasing a version for Mac and Linux it will lead them to more troubles so I assume they will release a version for Windows iron out the bugs and then may consider other builds.
We'll have to see. If it is ported it will be an instant buy for me ^_^
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.