Victor Vran was released recently, and I gave it a small write up, but a major graphic bug stopped me from getting far. This was fixed incredibly quickly, and I've now sunk some time into it.
Siralim is a crisp looking 2D RPG with Roguelike elements that has just been updated to include Linux support!
Serpent in the Staglands is a pretty interesting looking CRPG that has recently released for Linux. It actually looks a bit like the old Baldur's Gate games, but plays out quite differently.
Going as far back as the 14th of February of this year, users have been reporting that Legend of Grimrock won't even start on their Linux powered gaming machines sporting GPUs from the Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 series.
The new horror game 'SOMA' from Amnesia developer Frictional Games is due in September, and they confirmed it should be a day-1 Linux release.
Wine team released today another development release of their software. Version 1.7.44 have many small changes including 59 bugfixes.
The Morrowind game engine reimplementation OpenMW has taken another step towards 1.0. Version 0.36.0 doesn't bring much in the way of features for the game engine but has plenty of bug fixes.
The big patch to Planetary Annihilation that I spoke about recently has been officially released. This makes the Linux client much more stable too.
Is there any stopping GOG right now? They are really heating up the Linux releases recently, and I am sure our DRM free loving fans will snap at these.
It's Friday and if you don't know what we do on Fridays you must be new here. In any case, I welcome you to yet another Friday Livestream! May your Flash player be reasonable with its CPU usage. Or use Livestreamer. Your choice. :P
The beta for 2.5D physics puzzler Unmechanical was announced a couple of weeks ago, and is now available for all owners of the game on Steam.
Dragon Wars is a very retro turn based fantasy game, and it has been released on your favourite DRM free store with Linux support.
Heroes Of Loot, A Mix Of Dungeon Crawling & Twin Stick Shooting On Steam For Linux, Initial Thoughts
Heroes of Loot is a 2D dungeon crawler with twin stick like shooting, I've taken a little look so that you know what to expect.
I am always hesitant to cover any crowdfunding campaigns, but I think Voxelnauts has just won me over. All development is done on Linux, they have video's showing it, and it looks like a great game.
Jenny LeClue was funded on Kickstarter last summer. A playable teaser has now been made available, along with a new teaser trailer.
- 0 games due this month
- View release calendar
Popular this week
View by Category
- Voxelnauts, A Sandbox MMO Built On Linux & Needing Help... 30 May 2015 at 3:31 pm UTC
- SOMA, The New Horror From Frictional Games Due In Septe... 30 May 2015 at 3:22 pm UTC
- The Wine Development Release 1.7.44 Is Now Available... 30 May 2015 at 1:04 pm UTC
- The Wine Development Release 1.7.44 Is Now Available... 30 May 2015 at 10:59 am UTC
- SOMA, The New Horror From Frictional Games Due In Septe... 30 May 2015 at 10:54 am UTC
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- Patreon...30 May 2015 at 2:47 pm UTC
- Tearing problems (vsync not working)...30 May 2015 at 1:41 pm UTC
- DIRT3 and F310 controller...29 May 2015 at 2:06 pm UTC
- Looking for testers for a game in development...28 May 2015 at 10:39 pm UTC
- Civilization Beyond Earth bug help needed...28 May 2015 at 9:43 pm UTC