Feral Interactive have ported yet another excellent game, and this time we are graced with Company Of Heroes 2!
It's that time of the month again Linux gamers! The new GOL survey for September is now available, so please make sure to fill it in if you have the time.
As part of an ongoing series of asking you stuff, today I ask "What was your favourite Linux game release from August?".
I had given up hope of seeing Gas Guzzlers Extreme on Linux, but it seems the developers have found a new porter.
Recently, we accepted an article that quoted Obsidian Entertainment saying Linux wasn't worth it. That same developer now has nicer comments about it all.
It has been a long time coming, but it seems Insurgency will be with us within the next few months. The developer said it was important.
DiRT Showdown has fantastic performance, but it did suffer from an annoying bug, and it looks like it has now been fixed.
XCOM 2 has now been delayed until February next year to make it a worthy sequel, this should also ease the porting pressure on Feral who are doing a lot right now.
Prison Architect has come a massively long way since the first alpha, and building a prison has never been more fun. This is the last alpha before the full release in October.
One-man developer Side Scroll Studios talks to GamingOnLinux about developing their own engine, promoting an indie game and managing expectations.
Arma 3 is now downloadable and playable on Linux, but be warned it's early days for the port, and the port may not graduate to official status.
In a recent interview with PC Gamer, lead producer Brandon Adler of Obsidian said, "I don't think it was worthwhile developing for Linux. They are a very, very small portion of our active user base - I think around one and a half percent of our users were Linux."
With all the big titles coming to Linux, it is easy to miss the smaller ones. You do not always want to invest hours of your life building an empire or engaging in epic quests. Sometimes you just want to blast some alien bugs for a few minutes while your coffee is brewing. The game I am looking into today lets you do exactly that.
Intel are now showing off a new benchmark they created to test Vulkan against OpenGL, even though it's running on Windows it's pretty impressive.
I’m not always a fan of combat racers, but wow BlazeRush is quite a surprise to find. I've actually been having a lot of fun with it.
- 7 games due this month
- View release calendar
Popular this week
View by Category
- GOL Asks: What Was Your Favourite Linux Game Release In... 2 September 2015 at 4:42 pm UTC
- GOL Asks: What Was Your Favourite Linux Game Release In... 2 September 2015 at 4:32 pm UTC
- Obsidian Entertainment Say Linux's Future Is Good With ... 2 September 2015 at 4:24 pm UTC
- GOL Asks: What Was Your Favourite Linux Game Release In... 2 September 2015 at 4:23 pm UTC
- GOL Asks: What Was Your Favourite Linux Game Release In... 2 September 2015 at 4:16 pm UTC
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- What happened to Mad Max?...2 September 2015 at 11:40 am UTC
- Company of Heroes 2 extra game key...2 September 2015 at 10:37 am UTC
- Obsidian about PoE: "it wasn't worthwhile developing fo...1 September 2015 at 4:58 pm UTC
- The Spying Train is coming to get you.......1 September 2015 at 10:49 am UTC
- DIRT3 and F310 controller...1 September 2015 at 9:07 am UTC