XCOM 2 has been well reviewed for Windows, but exactly how is it on Linux? I spent many hours defending the earth to find out.
Our Linux & SteamOS gamer survey for February is now up.
I for one am particularly happy that it's Friday today. My studies have been stressing me out a little bit so it's good to relax a little with some Linux gaming. As always, you get to join in on the fun via the stream chat, so make use of it!
Well, looks like Techland are at least paying some sort of attention to their Linux port, not much mind. They just released a hotfix to Dying Light that should fix up the low resolution texture issue. See the update at the bottom too.
Nvidia have published two more blog posts about both Vulkan and OpenGL, "Transitioning from OpenGL to Vulkan" and "OpenGL like Vulkan".
I've been keeping an eye on Sunless Sea for a long time, as it looks really quite good. It has had an experimental Linux version you had the email the developers to get for a long time, but it looks like it's being added to Steam.
If XCOM just isn't enough alien vs human strategy for you, Xenonauts 2 is now also being created and the developer confirmed to us it should be on Linux.
Sorry for being a bit late on this, but a few days ago I asked the developers mode7 if Frozen Synapse 2 will be on Linux, and they kindly replied.
Since I first found out about Firewatch, I was intrigued so when it was released, it was an instabuy. A narrative-driven game with some mystery to get you hooked in one the plot is exactly the kind of game we need in games. As of now, I have played just over 2 hours of the game, so I shall provide some spoiler-free first impressions.
Thanks to SteamDB and a twitter follower it really does look more likely that Tomb Raider (the 2013 version) is coming to Linux.
Cities: Skylines looks like it's getting some really great support, and with a free update coming soon we will get access to a new Theme Editor. We also have a video with some of the Snowfall expansion gameplay.
For those wanting to listen to the actual talk Jason Ekstrand from Intel did about Vulkan you can now watch the video.
Tempest is a pretty good looking naval warfare game involving pirate ships, and it looks like it's coming over to Linux.
Everyone playing ARK: Survival Evolved on Linux can calm down now, as BattlEye now supports Linux and it's already live.
We Are Legion is a small indie strategy game with no unit caps, so you could end up with millions of units going at it. Sounds fun, but the graphics are pretty low-res.
- 17 games due this month
- View release calendar
Popular this week
View by Category
- XCOM 2 Strategy Game Reviewed On Linux... 13 February 2016 at 12:24 am UTC
- Firewatch: First Impressions... 13 February 2016 at 12:11 am UTC
- Dying Light Hotfix Released, Should Fix Major Texture I... 13 February 2016 at 12:01 am UTC
- Dying Light Hotfix Released, Should Fix Major Texture I... 12 February 2016 at 11:41 pm UTC
- Sunless Sea Looks Like It May Get An Official Linux Bui... 12 February 2016 at 11:36 pm UTC
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- Pixel Piracy fails to launch...12 February 2016 at 7:58 pm UTC
- Saints Row II and III seems to be closer...12 February 2016 at 12:45 am UTC
- Xeon Processors and Gaming?...11 February 2016 at 3:07 pm UTC
- [Remind at end of Feb 2016] Release calendar features...11 February 2016 at 1:43 pm UTC
- Vulkan presentation...11 February 2016 at 3:51 am UTC