We know how some of you feel about wrappers, but that's an old argument now. The game is here, and the developers are still working on improving it. The Witcher 2 had a new beta a few days ago, and we took a look and just how much of an improvement it is.
Forward to the Sky is a new Steam release indie title based on the idea of taking the Japanese Anime / Visual Novel art-style and incorporating it into a action puzzle platformer with a "run of the mill" campy story.
Thanks to GOL reader Fedso, we now have month-by-month comparisons for the survey as well as an automated program which takes the raw survey data and makes graphs. This is pretty exciting stuff since now one of the main goals of the survey project has been achieved and we can observe trends over time.
So... Dying Light. A triple A day one Linux port. Now that would sound awesome but sadly releasing games in a horrible state is trendy and Techland seems to have wanted a piece of that cake. Let's list the problems, shall we?
The open world pirate RPG Raven’s Cry has been released with day one Linux support. Raven’s Cry looks promising in terms of story and setting, featuring historically accurate architecture from the 18th century, a morality system, side-quests and economy system.
The TFC team has devoted this post-holiday quiet period to looking back at some notable projects that were funded in 2014.
Thanks to a reader we were able to take a look at Gravity Ghost, a charming gravity platformer from Ivy Games LLC.
BADLAND is an atmospheric side-scrolling action adventure platformer set in a gorgeous forest full of various inhabitants, trees and flowers. Although the forest appears to be right out of a beautiful fairy tale, there’s something terribly wrong.
Even though we still haven't found out what game we teamed up with Feral Interactive to do a competition for, they have unleashed a new radar blip for a new Linux port.
It has been an eventful week and to wrap it up we have our traditional Friday Livestream where we chill out, play games and talk about gaming on Linux in general.
Techland has begun their patching of Dying Light for Linux & Windows in their effort to clean up the rather botched release, and we took a look.
Thanks to pointers from our community member xpander69, we have found that Dying Light can be played almost acceptably on Linux with some messing around with the files. Updated.
Starbound is a fantastic game, and the stable update has been long overdue, but that wait ends right now. The stable update is absolutely massive, and it's really worth trying out.
Few days ago the remaster of Fahrenheit popped up on Amazon with Aspyr logos and penguins. Well, it seems that Aspyr is indeed behind the remaster and the Tux was put on there for a purpose. Behold, the next Aspyr Linux port is here!
Good news folks, thanks to a comment on a recent article we were poked about taking a look at the progress of porting Outlast to Linux, and it seems to have a new private Linux build in testing.
Popular this week
View by Category
- Starbound's Massive Stable Update Released, It's On Sal... 1 February 2015 at 7:13 pm UTC
- GOL Cast: Avoiding Zombies, Bugs And DMCA Claims In Dyi... 1 February 2015 at 7:10 pm UTC
- Starbound's Massive Stable Update Released, It's On Sal... 1 February 2015 at 6:58 pm UTC
- Starbound's Massive Stable Update Released, It's On Sal... 1 February 2015 at 6:54 pm UTC
- Starbound's Massive Stable Update Released, It's On Sal... 1 February 2015 at 6:53 pm UTC
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- YIKES! Nvidia GTX 970 memory problems! Recall incoming?...1 February 2015 at 7:12 pm UTC
- Equiavlent to Fraps?...1 February 2015 at 12:17 pm UTC
- World of Warcraft - Make suggest requests for a Linux c...1 February 2015 at 9:53 am UTC
- possible to ditch windows?...29 January 2015 at 12:10 pm UTC
- Sound card...29 January 2015 at 11:40 am UTC
- © 2015 GamingOnLinux.com
- About Us