Thanks to my friends at Techland I have been able to test the upcoming Linux performance patch. It’s looking mighty fine right now.
Jotun is the game where you face off against Norse mythological creatures in epic boss battles. The game is slated for a Linux release this fall and an alpha trailer was published last month.
Curious Expedition has been available in a web alpha since November last year, has already built a large following and has now been put on Steam to gather more player feedback.
Victor Vran was released recently, and I gave it a small write up, but a major graphic bug stopped me from getting far. This was fixed incredibly quickly, and I've now sunk some time into it.
Greedy Guns is a fast paced action platformer with exploration, ability upgrades and loads of bullets. It's available in a free and open beta on Itch.io.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme was causing major excitement when it was planned for Linux, but sadly things didn't turn out so well.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the huge Kickstarter from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night developer Koji Igarashi. I spoke to the developer to clarify about their Linux support.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is the latest entry into the Borderlands franchise that's on Linux, and even with the studio behind it being closed, a big patch has still surfaced.
Cities: Skylines is undoubtedly our best city builder on Linux, and the new content update makes it even sweeter.
Endless Legend was originally going to come to Linux, and then the developers decided it wasn't worth it. The Linux client had even been started and was looking good, but was dropped after the Windows and Mac OS clients were deemed too buggy. Now SteamOS has appeared in Amplitude's voting system for what to work on, and it needs votes.
We already knew that the Linux port of Van Helsing was put on hold, but now it seems the developers aren't going to port any of them to Linux.
We have another four classic games that have gained Linux support thanks to GOG.com, our collection seems to be growing nicely with them!
The game was funded on Kickstarter in 2013 and was pitched as an atmospheric point-and-click adventure game with the same feel as Quest for Glory, Space Quest and Monkey Island.
The old-school platformer with 16-bit graphics and chiptune music left Early Access on Steam last month, and is now also available DRM free from Desura.
Black Closet is a game developed by Hanako Games, the creators of such games as "THE QUEEN IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN". Their newest game is based on the well known and widely loved Ren'Py engine.
- 15 games due this month
- View release calendar
Popular this week
View by Category
- More Initial Thoughts On Victor Vran, The RPG From The ... 22 May 2015 at 9:23 am UTC
- Roguelike Expedition Simulation 'Curious Expedition' Re... 22 May 2015 at 8:25 am UTC
- Point & Click Adventure Game 'Technobabylon' Has A Trai... 22 May 2015 at 8:08 am UTC
- Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night From Koji Igarashi Pl... 22 May 2015 at 6:10 am UTC
- Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night From Koji Igarashi Pl... 22 May 2015 at 5:53 am UTC
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- Looking for testers for a game in development...22 May 2015 at 6:55 am UTC
- Flashback: Take-Two Interactive Linux Support...21 May 2015 at 8:05 pm UTC
- Tearing problems (vsync not working)...21 May 2015 at 7:58 pm UTC
- Anyone interested in Nuclear Dawn (Online-Team-FPS/RTS-...21 May 2015 at 11:24 am UTC
- CodeWeavers CrossOver...21 May 2015 at 10:09 am UTC