Kitsune Tails is an upcoming LGBTQ-focused retro story platformer from Kitsune Games and MidBoss, LLC. that's due out later this year. Looks great for platformer fans and it's going to have quite the voice cast.
There's what seems like a nice big mix of people getting involved with Kira Buckland (the voice of iconic NiEr: Automata protagonist 2B, Street Fighter V’s Falke, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean’s Jolynne Cujoh) plus Angela Tran (Genshin Impact, Lake, Summer in Mara), Katlyn Dannes (The Homework's Revenge: Esther in Wonderland and Square Roots), Brent Mukai (Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Pokemon Masters) and more.
Check out the new trailer:
From the PR: "Auditioning so many talented voice actors to help bring the world of Kitsune Tails to life was rewarding and a challenge to determine who was the right fit," said Emma 'Eniko' Maassen, Kitsune Games founder. "The fact we got the talent behind 2B to voice Yuzu is still surreal to me, and we hope our fans enjoy this taste of what’s to come!"
The game will serve as what they say is a spiritual successor to Super Bernie World, which gathered over 300,000 downloads across itch.io and Steam. A crowdfunding campaign will launch in the first half of this year.
- Classic platforming action set in a land inspired by Japanese mythology
- Explore five elemental worlds and various haunted houses
- Learn new elemental powers and use them to find secrets and optional story content
- Unlock a bonus ending by fully exploring the relationships between characters
- Use cute outfits to power up or stomp around by stealing a giant boot from enemies
- Defeat your haughty former mentor and her gang of foxy minions
- Stomp on pangos to make them curl into a ball, pick them up, and kick them around
- Carry lights through haunted houses to reveal secret doors and ward off ghosts