The Heroic Games Launcher for Epic Games and GOG on Linux has a huge new Beta release (plus a bug fixes for the stable build) with loads of fancy new features.
Why should you use the Heroic Games Launcher? Well, Epic Games and GOG don't support Linux with their launchers and so playing games from them can be a bit of a nuisance on Linux and Steam Deck. This way you get a handy launcher to keep them nicely up to date. It's free and open source too, so anyone can help improve it!
With the 2.4.0 Beta 2 release now out it adds in:
- GOG Cloud Save, which works with Windows games run through Wine / Proton, as GOG doesn't support it for Native Linux games.
- Epic Overlay Support.
- Support for the Easy Anti-Cheat and BattlEye Runtimes (for games that have support hooked up). They also list anti-cheat status on game pages supplied by areweanticheatyet.com, although that might not be too accurate.
- A new easier way of adding environment variables or wrappers to launch games with.
- A way to add a game shortcut directly to Steam (as a Non-Steam Game).
- Electron was updated to v19.
- Legendary was updated to v0.20.27.
- GOGDL was updated to v0.4.
- Various other improvements.
On top of that the stable version 2.3.10 was also released fixing up a couple of issues.