NVIDIA recently released two fresh driver upgrades for Linux, although one of them we have no idea what they actually changed. Here's what's up.
Firstly, NVIDIA launched the stable driver update 535.104.05 on August 22nd. However, for the second time recently, they seem to have copy-pasted the driver changelog from the previous release. This driver has the same changelog as 535.98, and when 535.98 released it had the same changelog as 535.86.05 but they later corrected it. I tried to contact NVIDIA this time but here we are nearly two weeks later and they haven't fixed it. So what did they change in 535.104.05? No idea.
On September 2nd they also released a fresh Vulkan Beta Driver 535.43.09 for developers with these changes:
- Bug fixes for VK_NV_device_generated_commands_compute
- Correctly clear fragment shading rate attachments with LOAD_OP_CLEAR
- Fix potential device lost with vkCmdBlitImage when fragment shading rate is used
- Correctly restore pipeline static state if previously overwritten by dynamic state set calls and pipeline is rebound
- Fix dual-source blending when output is written to an array variable
- Fix VK_KHR_cooperative_matrix bug with variable pointer shared memory CTS tests