The developer of Rogue Fable III, a roguelike aimed at short sessions has confirmed it's coming to Linux.
I must admit, I quite like the simple and accessible style it has. The developer says it "combines the challenge, tactics and strategy of classic roguelikes with a modern interface and graphics". Additionally, it sounds like a good one for those with little time on their hands as a run shouldn't last much more than an hour and it has "a huge variety between runs".
Back in late December, the developer responded to a user request about a Mac version on Steam and they said:
Yes mac and linux versions should be coming soon. From my understanding everything that builds the game should be cross platform so it shouldn't require much effort to do it. I think I just need to get some kind of virtual boxed mac to do the actual build and test process.
- Build your character from 10 base classes and 7 races.
- Adapt your build in response to the challenges and treasures of the dungeon. Every class can learn to use every talent, ability or item if it is found.
- Over 60 unique talents and abilities. Raise the dead, blast enemies into pits, electrocute a pool of water, surround yourself in a shield of fire and much much more!
- 13 dungeon branches. From haunted crypts, to putrid swamps and into the very heart of a volcano, Rogue Fable III offers a massive variety of distinct environments.
- 120+ monster types each with their own abilities, behaviors, strengths and weaknesses.
- 150+ unique items to discover plus randomly generated artifacts with special properties.
You can find it on Steam.