I do love a good action-packed top-down shooter but a lot of them do end up feeling a little too similar, Rotation looks like it might mix things up nicely.
The big difference here, is that you're playing on spherical maps and it looks rather entertaining:
More about it:
Rotation is a top-down shooter where endless waves of alien monsters charge at you. The goal is to stop the onslaught on each of the planets and make your way home.
You play as an astronaut starting out with a pistol. You unlock more guns and talents the further you make it and you can find useful items out in the world. You must increase your strength and conserve your resources because the game will only become harder as time goes on.
- Spherical maps
- 20+ types of enemies with progressively harder abilities
- 16 different firearm types
- Abilities such as healing, traps and turrets
- Equipment such as helmets, backpacks and melee weapons
- Choose talents in between maps
- Short matches with high replay-ability
It doesn't have an exact release date yet other than 2019. If it looks like you might enjoy it, you can wishlist and follow it on Steam.