Eat Create Sleep have announced, Among Ripples 2, an eco tycoon sim that has you work with a team of scientists to build, repair and maintain a delicate ecosystem for your lakes. Seems like a really sweet idea for a game, I do love my nature sims.
Just recently announced, the developer said they've been working on it in secret for around a year. They're currently seeking funding, although it's not clear yet if this will be with a publisher or crowdfunding. They did at least give a little teaser video with the announcement:
- Create your own ecosystem, balance predators and prey and make the environment livable.
- Nurture and tend to creatures, understand their needs and comforts. Watch how they interact with the world you create for them.
- Shape your world, by raising and lowering land, expanding the lake.
- The game adapts to your skill level and creates a meditative flow for inexperienced and experienced players alike. You will also be able to tweak your challenge.
- Immerse yourself in a single-player campaign where you lead a couple of scientists. Build your mobile research base, research tech trees and ask your companions for advice.
- Build your own experience, with the custom games mode, level editor and mod support you can branch out and find new unexpected ways to play the game.
Follow Among Ripples 2 along on Steam here.