Update 11/06: SteamPlay 4.2-7 is up, tiny update to fix FAudio.
Main article below:
Valve and CodeWeavers have put out another update to Steam Play, with Proton 4.2-6 now available in your Steam client and on GitHub.
Included in this release:
- More fixes for the new Steam networking API. A Hat In Time's online multiplayer should be functional now.
- DXVK 1.2.1 has been rebuilt with a modern compiler. This should increase performance especially for 32-bit games. (Note, if you build Proton yourself in Vagrant, you will want to make clean and vagrant provision to take advantage of the new compiler; or simply destroy and re-create the VM.)
- Update FAudio to 19.06.
- Fix for more games on non-English locales, like GRID.
- Fix controller rumble in some games, including Team Sonic Racing.
- Improve font rendering in SpellForce 3.
I actually tried out Into the Breach for the first time using Steam Play recently and wow—what a game! I expected great things from Subset Games and I have not been disappointed.
Note: For those interested in the native Linux version of Into the Breach, it seems the current hold-up is the need for another developer. Their job opening has one of the roles as porting to other platforms including Linux.
For those who have already tried it, how is this latest version working for you?