Kodera Software have released a new trailer for their hard sci-f game Rings of Saturn, with a release date teaser for Steam Early Access included.
Currently available early on itch.io with a hybrid Early Access/Crowdfunding campaign, the new trailer below says it's "Coming into Early Access with Perseids of 2019" which is for the wider Steam release:
For those confused, that's the Perseids meteor shower. Speaking to the developer personally, they confirmed the actual exact date for Steam should be August 12th. As for the campaign on itch, it seems to have done okay. The developer has managed to get nearly $900 in funding. While that's not really lot to make a game, the developer did say they have other income to support it.
- Realistic top-down hard sci-fi space flight experience. Every aspect of gameplay is backed up by real science. Ships fly just as starships should.
- Jump into action in seconds with autopilot assist or save fuel by manual thruster maneuvers.
- Detailed ship simulation down to every subsystem - upgrade your ship, fix or even jury-rig broken systems on the fly. Every system failure will impact gameplay - adapt to survive in the hostile environment of space.
- Discover the mystery of the Rings, or just try to get rich leading your excavation company.
- Plan your strategy back on Enceladus Prime station. Sell your output, upgrade your ship, hire the crew and manage your company.
The developer has kindly provided us with some early keys, so one of us will be taking a look when it's ready for us to do so around the release.
It's also another game made with Godot Engine.