Dicey Dungeons from Terry Cavanagh (Super Hexagon and VVVVVV), chipzel, and Marlowe Dobbe now has a confirmed release date of August 13th.
This unique roguelike is truly nothing like the others. Think you're a master at Slay the Spire? Well, Dicey Dungeons is a different kind of beast. You have cards for abilities, sure, but you actually have to roll your dice to the correct numbers to activate them and it's all kinds of awesome.
- Six wildly different playable classes: Warrior, Thief, Robot, Jester, Inventor and Witch.
- Dozens of enemies, ranging from Vacuum Cleaners that want to suck your blood, to creatures from Irish mythology, to suave malevolent snowmen.
- A catchy, upbeat and energetic soundtrack by Chipzel (previously, the musician from Super Hexagon).
- Beautiful and adorable artwork by Marlowe Dobbe.
- Procedurally generated for endless play-throughs.
The game did have various Alpha builds available to purchase on itch.io, which were stopped as it started getting closer to the full release. Regular readers will have seen a few articles here about it, since I did pick up a personal copy. Dicey instantly rolled right into my heart, as it's already one of my favourite recent games and I will be surprised if it doesn't do well at release.
If I knew how many hours I've put into it already, I imagine it would be alarming…definitely looking forward to the full game!