Pushy and Pully in Blockland from Resistance Studio is a solo and co-op arcade game with a retro visual style, confirmed to be coming to Linux.
After spotting it recently on Steam, I spoke with the developer to confirm Linux is supported. The basic gameplay is quite simple, with you pushing around blocks, combining blocks of the same colour and so on to defeat monsters. Looks like it could be a huge amount of fun, take a look:
- Play solo or with the help of a friend.
- Classic gameplay with enhanced features. Easy to play but hard to master.
- 50 hand crafted levels. 5 end bosses with new mechanics that will challenge you.
- Match-3 mechanic: Join 3 or more blocks of the same colour and they'll give you a power up.
- 3 power ups that will help you through the game defeating the monsters easier or giving you more points.
- End the stage by defeating all the enemies before time runs out.
- Defeat more than 1 monster at the same time or pop more than 2 blocks to get extra combo points.
- Hi-Score table and end stage rating. Can you make more points than your friends?
The release looks like it will be sometime in Q1 next year, so it's a little while away. However, they're planning a beta test, if you're interested details are here.
You can follow it and wishlist on Steam.