Releasing sometime later this year, Double Dash Studios have merged together a block-breaker with a shoot 'em up to create something a little odd but it's very fun.
Armed with nothing more than a fancy "laser tennis racket", you're not able to directly attack most enemies. Instead, you will bounce back their bullets to destroy blocks in your way. There's a few smaller enemies you can smack around with your racket though, but most of it is about bouncing bullets around.
- Amazing 2D pixel art with fluid animation.
- Simple and unique counterattack mechanics.
- Colorful and whimsical universe filled with adorable characters.
- Awesome original soundtrack.
- Epic boss fights.
- Intense bullet hell challenges.
- The first Shmup Breaker in a innovative blend of two classic game genres, Shoot’em up and Block breaker!
- You are not alone in this adventure. Invite your friends for an Co-Op experience, and tackle the challenge of saving the universe together!
It has a Linux demo available to try out on Steam, so curious about it I gave it a go. It didn't take long for me to be absolutely sold on it. What a brilliant idea for a game! Controller support needs work, but I didn't expect perfection from an early demo. It worked with the Steam Controller but showed blank button prompts, only minor so I'm sure it can be fixed.