ScummVM, the clever bit of software enabling many classic point-and-click adventure games to run nicely on modern systems has a big new release in need of some testing.
The list of new titles supported with ScummVM 2.1.0 is quite impressive:
- Blade Runner.
- Hoyle Bridge.
- Hoyle Children's Collection.
- Hoyle Classic Games.
- Hoyle Solitaire.
- Hyperspace Delivery Boy!
- Might and Magic IV - Clouds of Xeen.
- Might and Magic V - Darkside of Xeen.
- Might and Magic - World of Xeen.
- Might and Magic - World of Xeen 2 CD Talkie.
- Might and Magic - Swords of Xeen.
- Mission Supernova Part 1.
- Mission Supernova Part 2.
- Quest for Glory: Shadows of Darkness.
- The Prince and the Coward.
- Versailles 1685.
Want to know what other titles it supports? You can find out on this page.
Better game compatibility is not the only headline feature coming to ScummVM with the 2.1.0 release. It also now supports Cloud saving, so you can link it up with Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box to sync your saves which sounds pretty darn handy!
If you do wish to help test, find the announcement here.
Additionally, for Steam users you might want to take a look at Roberta. It's another unofficial Steam Play tool, that allows you to run nearly any title on Steam through a native Linux version of ScummVM.