If you like to live on the wild side, NVIDIA yesterday released a brand new update to their Vulkan Beta driver series with version 435.27.06.
The changelog currently lists:
- Fixed memory leak after destroying ray tracing pipeline
- Improved responsiveness of X11 driver when 'NVIDIA: Wait for channel idle timed out' messages occur
- Improved fullscreen exclusive support for non-primary monitors
- Improved G-Sync support for borderless windows
- Further improvements when system is under low-memory stress
Although, when speaking to an NVIDIA rep this morning they mentioned that only the first two are specific to Linux. Since it can get confusing when the changelog is not split between Windows and Linux, they will be speaking to who sorts the changelog to hopefully note when a change is platform-exclusive.
Just a reminder in case there's any confusion: 440.31 is the latest stable Linux driver, which is a different series to the Vulkan and OpenGL Beta drivers which usually have the extra two version points at the end. Eventually, changes from the Vulkan/OpenGL Betas make it into the stable series.