OpenTTD is a true classic, building upon what Transport Tycoon Deluxe started and expanding it across more platforms and keeping it alive many years later.
The team behind OpenTTD are working on a huge new 1.10.0 release, with the first Beta landing in October and a second Beta available as of a few days ago.
What's new in the second Beta?
- Feature: [Script] More error mappings
- Feature: Ctrl+Click on a vehicle in the vehicle group window selects and scrolls to the vehicle's group
- Feature: Ctrl+Click on the vehicle details button in the vehicle view window opens the vehicle group window focused on the vehicle
- Feature: Add a button to the vehicle advisory news window to open the vehicle's group window
- Feature: Ctrl+Click on a vehicle in the vehicle list window opens the vehicle group window focused on the vehicle's group
Plenty of bug fixes as well of course including some crashes that were solved. Since the first Beta for 1.10.0 added in a new SDL 2 video driver to modernise OpenTTD, they've been steadily fixing and improving issues with that as they come up.
If you enjoyed Transport Tycoon Deluxe in the past, this is an essential project you need to try. There's so many enhancements it's brilliant. From bigger maps to "quality of life" improvements from more modern titles like a lot more drag and drop support, mouse wheel scrolling, and so on. It has an entire set ready to go including graphics and audio but it's also compatible with Transport Tycoon Deluxe data files.
See more on the official OpenTTD website.