Dark Envoy from Event Horizon (Tower of Time) is an upcoming non-linear RPG inspired by the likes of the Divinity series, XCOM, FTL, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age.
Confirmed to be coming to Linux in our previous article, it's sounding like quite an exciting adventure. Considering how good Tower of Time was, I've no doubt this will be just as good. Have a look at some fresh gameplay Event Horizon posted up a few days ago:
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer (specializing in litRPG genre).
- 15 unique character classes to discover - with the ability to mix skill trees - including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- New RPG system, promoting experimentation and requiring frequent adaptation to the new challenges.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a unique mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before he/she becomes too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests, local, and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
Their plan is to release it sometime in Q4 2020, still a while away. Until then you can follow/wishlist Dark Envoy on Steam.