I do love a good action-heavy platformer and Fury Unleashed from Awesome Games Studio looks pretty intense. The developer has teased that they're getting closer to a full release and it turns out Linux support will arrive for it then too.
You don't need to take my word for how intense it looks, have a peek at a trailer below:
Seems like users are enjoying it so far too, with a "Very Positive" rating currently on Steam. Definitely looks good from that trailer, and with local co-op support it could be a riot to play with someone else.
- Comic book setting – Play through the pages of a living comic book with Metal Slug inspired visuals.
- Intriguing storyline - Find out why is John Kowalsky, author of acclaimed Fury Unleashed, series having a creativity crisis and see if you can help him deal with it.
- Two game difficulties:
- Hard - for gamers who enjoy the challenge and are willing to improve if necessary.
- Easy - for those who prefer to explore the game and its storyline at their terms.
- Action platforming with 360° shooting – jump, dash, shoot and slash in any direction. Movement options are limitless, it's up to you to choose the best angle to deal with a given set of enemies.
- Randomized levels, items, and events – the game will keep surprising you for hours, even after you thought you've seen everything.
- Customizable character – take advantage of Steam Workshop and make the hero your own.
Hat tip to laboratoryoneil.