Gamesbymo have announced that A.N.N.E, the crowdfunded mixture of metroidvania style platforming with space shooter elements will get a big 1.0 update on May 20. See Also: Some previous thoughts here.
While it hasn't received much attention after being released on Steam last year, following a Kickstarter campaign in 2013, they have been making progress on it. Slow progress though, as it sounds like they don't have much money left as written in the announcement they "had to get back to a barebone team" but it's not all bad news. The good news is that a big content update was announced and it will be out on May 20, although they're not sure if that will also end Early Access.
Not seen it before? Take a look at their trailer below:
- Explore on foot or at the command of your ship! Use both in order to find every pieces of your fallen companion; explore inside caves and ruins on foot or move heavy objects using your ship in order to access new areas.
- Music by Basiscape, the studio of the legendary Hitoshi Sakimoto (FF Tactics, Radiant Silvergun, Vagrant Story, FF12...).
- Explore a massive handcrafted world and fight more than 20 bosses!
- 25 possible weapon combinations and 5 abilities for a whole lot of possible loadouts.
- Supporting keyboard and mouse, d-pad controllers, dual analogue controller aiming
- A game for everyone; friendly options like (auto-aim and casual mode) ensures a more casual and less challenging experience for those who want to focus on exploration without having to worry about A.N.N.E’s challenging combat experience.
It definitely is better than a lot of platformers on Steam, especially with the blending of genres and the visuals really are wonderful. Hopefully this big upcoming update will give them a bit more attention in the wider media and from users on Steam.
You can pick it up right now on Steam. Just keep in mind it's obviously not yet finished.
See more from me