Flying Oak Games and Dear Villagers have announced that ScourgeBringer, their wonderfully stylish rogue-lite platformer is releasing on February 6 in Early Access.
The same team that worked on NeuroVoider have returned, with what they say blends elements of Dead Cells and Celeste into a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious entity wreaked havoc on all humanity. Sounds bleak but the graphics certainly look vibrant.
- Get the raw feel of a metroidvania through a fast paced rogue-lite
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce...)
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
It's been in Alpha for a while, with plenty of people play-testing it to ensure it's getting all the polish it needs, it even had a special build in the Yogscast JingleJam Bundle last year.
Since it looks brilliant, I've requested a key to take a look at it so hopefully GOL will have something to say about it on or after the release on February 6.
You can follow it over on Steam.