With combat looking similar to (and likely inspired by) Mega Man Battle Network, EndCycle VS is another modern attempt to create a fun grid-fighter. Reminding me instantly of One Step From Eden as well, another upcoming game but EndCycle VS looks unique enough.
A fast-paced fighting game, that needs you to use your head a bit with the battlefield grid. With both single-player and multi-player, it's definitely sounding good. The great news is that they're planning Linux support too, as confirmed on Twitter. Have a look at what to expect:
- Build your very own deck and create a unique playstyle, by combining attacks and styling them with your own effects making for... if our calculations are correct... more than infinite combinations!!!
- Alter the battlefield and use it to your advantage!
- Choose from several characters, or bring your very own sprite into the game!
- With the included modding tools, you can create unique servers with their own rules. Giant battlefield, cannon attacks only? Sure! Tiny battlefield, 1-Hit K.O? Absolutely! Every player is a squirrel and the soundtrack consists of bagpipes? ... If you must.
- Create GIFs with the provided GIF recorder, that lets you record events after they've happened.
- With the Discord integration you can see who's currently in-game, looking for a fight, or even view current fight results on the go!
- Customize your favorite characters in your own color palette!
Going to have to keep an eye on it, going over some of the user-reviews paints quite a beautiful picture with people spending quite some hours in it and enjoying it.
You can wishlist and follow on Steam.
Hat tip to NuSuey.