Currently in Early Access, Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy is a fantasy Visual Novel with a Steampunk theme and it's going to be releasing in full on March 20 with Linux support.
"Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy is a choice-rich, fantasy adventure visual novel set in a steampunk Victorian reality. Join Taka in discovering his roots and search for his family's secrets, in a city where baristas are knights and coffee is king."
Visual Novels aren't something I usually cover here myself, mainly as they're not what really interests me. However, Caffeine: Victoria's Legacy has a level of quality that appears to rise above a lot of what's come out in recent years. Some pretty good writing, it's graphically very pretty, wonderful music and there's plenty of actual animation included too.
- Story-Rich - Over 20 hours of gameplay with four romanceable routes and one true ending. Rich in lore and coffee trivia!
- Choice Matters - Hundreds of choices to make, from the quirky to ones that matter.
- Dozens of endings - Explore the dozens of possible endings in this 450,000 words visual novel.
- Animated Sprites & CGs - All sprites are animated. More than 10 animated CG scenes.
- Original Music Composition - Over 20 OSTs, including an opening and ending theme song.
- Partially Voiced Characters - Over 1000+ lines of voiced dialogue during Intro and CG Scenes
There's even a demo available you can try on itch.io and Steam, with the full release expected on March 20. If you can't wait though, Steam does have the Early Access build available too.
Quoting: Purple Library GuyIt does look nice but actually I can't hack the music. I had to stop the trailer halfway through.Same, what awful bawling that was. Muted, it's just a very slow slideshow; really can't get a feel for how this plays or what the themes are (apart from maybe something about a terrible musical karaoke night).
Setting seems interesting though. ( Steampunk ? )
Will wait and see some reviews.
Last edited by razing32 on 12 March 2020 at 9:07 pm UTC
See more from me