Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse, the crowdfunded dark comedy adventure is now going to have the first part released on Steam this Summer.
"You play as Coop 'Go Away, Weirdo' McCarthy and all you want to do is make the world a better place. The trouble is: Nobody likes you, school sucks, you can't find a prom date, everybody bullies you (including your teachers), and your attempts to help only make things worse. Will you escape high school alive? Who will love you? Do you even deserve love? Why is this game called Freakpocalypse? Find the answers to these questions and more by looking at, talking to, and touching everything within the C&H universe."
Seems there was a bit of confusion, as it's also coming to the Nintendo Switch which Nintendo announced before the developer did as some timed-exclusive. However, that's only console related, it's launching on Steam and Switch at the same time the developer has confirmed.
- Just like playing in a Cyanide & Happiness animated cartoon filled with dark humor
- Fully voiced dialogue and a large cast of crazy freaks
- Interact with your favorite characters from the Cyanide & Happiness Universe including Ted Bear, Shark Dad, Señor Cleanfist, and more!
- An absurd amount of characters and objects to look at, touch, and talk to
- Cinematic cutscenes and a completely original soundtrack
- Unlockable costumes for you to find, wear, and embarrass yourself with
- Optional sidequests for special rewards and replayability
With the original Kickstarter campaign in 2017, there was a stretch-goal for Linux/macOS support at $450K which was hit so we expect this to release at the same time for Linux and the Steam page does have Linux system requirements all setup ready.
You can now wishlist/follow it on Steam as the page is live. Once a confirmed date is up, we will let you know.
We list hundreds of crowdfunded games on our dedicated page here.