Sparklite from Red Blue Games, an action-adventure set in a whimsical and ever-changing land, released on Steam last year and it's on the way to Linux. When speaking to the team over email, they confirmed that it's coming to Linux. Not only that, they're "actually working on it now".
Inspired by the likes of Rogue Legacy and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past it's a top-down action-adventure with tons of gadgets, guns and gear to collect. Set in a procedurally generated world for a fresh experience each time, you need to take down titans of the mining industry, and harness the power Sparklite. Check out their trailer:
- Stunning visuals - Intricate pixel art aesthetic inspired by retro classics
- Original soundtrack - GameCube inspired soundtrack by composer Dale North (Wizard of Legend)
- Explore the world of Sparklite - Five beautiful, procedurally generated biomes
- Invent your arsenal - Invent gadgets to solve puzzles and defeat enemies
- Battle bosses - Take on the Baron Mining Corp and its formidable gremlin Titans
- Meet the locals - Befriend the people of Geodia and help build The Refuge
- Hunt collectibles - Discover collectibles scattered throughout the world
- Buddy up! - Rescue Ada’s robotic sidekick to play local assistive co-op with a friend
We should be getting more details about when the Linux version is expected to arrive, so when it does happen we will let you know so stay tuned for further updates on it. I'm a sucker for action-adventures like this!
You can follow Sparklite on Steam.
See more from me